To laugh, you have to let go of something (Steve Backlund). I made a list of things I sometimes hold on to. Things I use to stop me from laughing or as an excuse not to laugh.
- What other people will think
- A problem
- All the things on my "To do" list - more important things
- A feeling (anger, sorry for myself, low)
- Not wanting someone else to gain from a change of atmosphere
- Being grown up
- Time (to laugh would be to waste it)
- My dignity
- The point in question
And when I look at the list, I wonder why I would want to hold on to these things anyway.
This is even before thinking about all that I would gain from laughing more and being more joy-full. So I resolve to let go and laugh more - a no brainer if you ask me.